How to reference the Windows Color Scheme

LeanidTerbant

I've been making a userform and depending on whether or not a checkbox is clicked or not, an image becomes hidden or unhidden. This image is intended as a substitute for disabling half of the form (as in, the image is of the disabled fields while disabled) because there are other controls within the form that also affect whether these fields are disabled or not, and they mess up each other unless I do it this way.

This works fine, until I open the form on a PC with a different overall color scheme - the sort of color scheme you define using Control Panel > Display > Appearance > Color Scheme using Windows XP. Then the picture of the disabled fields contains the wrong background color because the default background color for the form is changed with the Windows color scheme. Is there any way I can reference which color scheme is in effect within VBA, so that I can have a different image to unhide depending on that?

If this is impossible, there are obviously alternatives, but simply put, since the question is really about aesthetics anyway, it would be nice if someone could help me to achieve the nicest possible looking solution. Obviously, I could just recolor all of my forms to a different color that doesn't change with the defaults, but it seems like a lot of effort to go to for one part of one form that won't quite fall in line.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back