How to refresh excel file without sharing the source file access to end user

RahulNa

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Team,

I have a master excel with Individual sales revenue numbers which are updated weekly. I have created multiple excel workbooks with individuals' names that have data querying from the master file. I have only shared their individual files (through one drive) with them with the expectation that when I update the same in master. They will be able to refresh and get the updated numbers.

Challenges #

1# Sales Users are unable to refresh the file and see the changes at their end. When I update the masterfile.
2# Is it because I need to share the source file also with them which I really don't want to do.
3# Any alternative way of doing the task?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Not clear what you are doing - is there a permanent link between the individual files and the master file? If not - is that because you are concerned that the individuals will change the master file or because you only want them to see their own data? If it's the former you can make a copy of the master once it's updated/refreshed and lock that though Protect Sheet or Protect Workbook with a password if required. Individuals' workbooks could then be linked to that. If it's the latter issue, then it's more a security issue and I can't see that Excel is 'man for the job'

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back