How to remove a "sticky".

Slice'N'Dice

Sorry, I don't know what the proper term for this is called, but when entering data into a spreadsheet (that someone else has made), when I click in a certain box, a little square pop-up box appears on the screen with instructions on what to write etc, like a post-it note :LOL: .

Anyways, I can drag this box around the screen to move it out of the way, but is there any way of actually disabling this from happening (to stop the notes popping up)?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hi Slive'N'Dice!

Not sure what type of object it is that you are referring to. If it is a comment box, go to Tools --> Options --> View. Check out the comment tag options there.

Upvote 0
Hi :) .

It may actually be a comment box, I'm not too sure though, I will have to check it out tomorrow morning & get back to you. Thanks for the solution!

Oh, I have another question, sorry to be a pain, but, say if I had two spreadsheets open, for simplicity, Spreadsheet A & B. If I copy a formula from spreadsheet A to spreadsheet B, when I click paste, all references get pasted into the formula bar. What I mean is that, the tab name, spreadsheet title etc all get pasted in along with the formula.

If you have understood what I'm trying to say there, is there anyway to stop that from happening? I.e, just copy & paste the formula?

Upvote 0
When you copy something, and go to the edit menu, there is a paste special below Paste. This allows you to specify different attributes to paste from the copied cell(s)/region(s). You can use it to paste only the values, the formulas, the formats, the comments, the column widths, validation, etc. .. and links to the cell being copies.

If you are only wanting the values, after you copy (Ctrl + C) use Alt + E, S, V. If not, describe the exact steps you take, start to finish, to get the results you are describing.

Upvote 0
firefytr said:
When you copy something, and go to the edit menu, there is a paste special below Paste. This allows you to specify different attributes to paste from the copied cell(s)/region(s). You can use it to paste only the values, the formulas, the formats, the comments, the column widths, validation, etc.

If you are only wanting the values, after you copy (Ctrl + C) use Alt + E, S, V. If not, describe the exact steps you take, start to finish, to get the results you are describing.
Oh! Yes thats perfect. Many thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back