how to save my questions which I have asked in this forum. and Replies received from the members.

gopalakrishnarao1

Board Regular
Sir, please guide me how to save the links, where I have put my questions and received the replies from our valuable members. Because initially I had 45 links, Now I am viewing only 37 links, Can I get back the ones which I have lost/deleted. and from the day one to this date. Your suggestion/guide will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello

On the blue menu bar above is an item called Search. Expand that item and click Advanced Search.

Then, from the new page that loads enter your username into the Search by user name User Name: field. Choose Find threads started by user in the dropdown box below that field. Then go to the bottom of the page and click Search Now.

Initially, when I was going through all my started questions, it was showing 45, now it is showing only 38, 7 threads are missing. How can I get back? all the 7 which are deleted. Please help I want all the previous 7 ones which are deleted. Can anybody guide/suggest/ help me. Please. I am having sentimental attachment to all those threads which I started from day one. and also guide me how to save all the links which I put here in this forum.

Your guidance will be much appreciated and will be carefully followed.
Sincere advance thanks for the help/guidance.

Are you certain that you actually started 45 threads? I am not so sure. Doing the search suggested by Jon returns 37 threads for me (not 38) but they do go right back to November 23, 2008 which is the day you joined the forum.

Can you think of any specific threads that you started that now appear to be missing?

Are you sure that the 45 threads were not threads that you were 'Subscribed' to? To see that list, on the blue menu bar use Quicklinks|Subscribed threads.

I think Peter is probably correct. You have have been comparing "subscribed" thread counts to the number of threads you have started.

We very rarely ever delete threads. The only occassions we ever delete whole entire threads is:
1. Duplicate threads by a poster that have no responses to them
2. Per request by the thread starter (and only if they have no replies)

Even SPAM posts are not really deleted off the system, they are just moved to an area that is not viewable to the public.

So I would highly doubt that 8 threads started by you would have been deleted.

Thanks for the information given. This is the message I am viewing Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 47.
Your PM box is 94% full. You are right my subscribed threads may be 38.and total was 45. Now My question is PM box is 94%,whether there is any possiblity of losing the threads, after 100% , If so, how can I save all my mails/threads/replies received from the valuable members. Please enlighten about this.

Once you hit 100%, it will not automatically delete any of your messages. You just will not be able to send or receive any PM's if your box is 100% full. You would need to clean some out to make room for new ones. I would recommend copying and pasting them to some place on your computer, and then deleting them from your PM box.

Note that if you sign up for email notification of all PMs, you will get an email with the text of the Private Message in it. So going forward, if you save those emails, you will essentially be saving the text of the Private Messages you receive. So that is one tool for archiving those on your computer.

In relation to your Private Messages (as opposed to forum threads) you can also download all or some of them to your computer.

At the bottom right of the Private Messages screen there are links to "Download all Private Messages as:" XML, CSV or Text files. Alternatively, to download just some, mark the relevant checkboxes to the right of the messages then use the "Selected Messages" drop-down to choose "Download as ..." then click "Go" just to the right of that.

Once messages have been downloaded, you can delete them from your Inbox/Sent items to make room for more.

Good tips, Peter.
I was unaware of those download features, myself!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back