How to search for random word patterns in a column

yohane

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I have been puling my hair out trying to figure this out and have recently found this thread: How to search for random patterns within a column answering a very similar question to what I'm asking below, but this is looking for strings of 5 characters in a column of random letters and numbers.

Instead of finding characters my data set has strings of words separated by a space (e.g. I You my me your we etc) in each cell, so searching for characters alone would produce unusable results

Whilst the linked thread searches each cell to find all 5 letter character patterns, I want to find word patterns starting from 2 words and increasing indefinitely until no other matches are found

Is there a way to edit the solution from the linked thread to do this? Here's the solution from user BSALV current solution that works for 5 character patterns and formats the results how I'd need for my current problem

In brief I'm trying to:
  1. find word patterns, rather than 5 character patterns
  2. have a range beginning with groups of 2 words and increasing until no more repetitions are found
  3. omit patterns that do not repeat (as the current solution includes these, but my data set is too large for this to be usable)
  4. make it case sensitive - important as capitalisation has been used to indicate other variables to the reader
Thanks for reading this I appreciate this is a bit wordy!

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back