how to see if there's any unique values

bigdan

I've got data like this below.

All the weights are supposed to be consistent. So for example all 3 pound weights are supposed to be $5, regardless of province. But there could be an error somewhere, such as in the last line.

Is there a way to simply find all the difference prices for each weight? At the moment I'm filtering the Weight column and going through each bucket one by one, which kinda works. But with 50 buckets it's not the easiest way.

ProvWeightPrice
ON3$5
ON5$10
PQ3$5
PQ5$10
BC3$15

<tbody>
</tbody>

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

BiocideJ

You could put a formula similar to this in column D (or further to the right wherever the first open column is)

=COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$6,B2,$C$2:$C$6,"<>"&C2)

update the 6 to whatever the final row is of your data OR best practice, define your data range as a dynamic range.

You can then filter on this new column for any values that are not zero as these will be Weights with differing Price values.

NOTE: I am assuming you are using a newer version of Excel which is able to use the COUNTIFS formula. If not, I can modify it into a slightly more complicated array formula that works on older versions.

Last edited:

bigdan

Thanks!

I tried this in a made up environment but didn't understand the result, which said 2,0,2,0,2.

What do I do with that?

BiocideJ

Thanks!

I tried this in a made up environment but didn't understand the result, which said 2,0,2,0,2.

What do I do with that?
Filter to any non-zero values and these will be your potential errors.

Alternatively, if you want a simpler flag you could bound it with an IF like so

=IF(COUNTIFS($B$2:$B$6,B2,$C$2:$C$6,"<>"&C2)=0,"OK","MULTIPLE")

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IncandenzaH1997

This Week's Hot Topics