How to select various activex controls ?

francois.lemarie

Board Regular
Hi, I am modifying a template. On each sheets you have various textboxes, labels and combos.

I need to arrange everything various times on the day. Is there a way to select it all without having to select each element one by one ?

It would save me a lot of time.

Regards,

François

diddi

can you give an example. it may be better to draw the OCX s programatically.

Andrew Poulsom

MrExcel MVP
In Design mode click the first control, then Shift+click the other control(s). Then click the Properties icon in the Control Toolbox (top right). You will only see the properties that are applicable to all the controls.

francois.lemarie

Board Regular
Thansk. I still know that if you select one by one everything , if you select properties in the first you can modify some common properties. But I mean, if I have 20 control in a sheet, 30 in other and 20 in other, I have to repeat Shift+Clic for all 70 controls, so 70 times ?? Le'ts use another context : if in a sheet I need to select all the cells in a column, I just have to go to A1 and do ctrl+shift+key down. Is there a so easy way to select all the controls in the same sheet and then move them down ? I know we can do ctrl+clic on each one, but to do 30 clics while you are pressing ctrl in a sheet, then ctrl+20 clic in another etc... is very long.
Above all if you have to report to a person who wants to add another elements each time and need you move everything all the time. Is there a less tiring way to do it with lots of activex controls ?

francois.lemarie

Board Regular
Hi diddy, the most easy way that occurs to me to give you an example is to show you the elements I have on a sheet. Thing that here is not possible. If you want send me a private message with your email and I will send you a screenshot of what I am talking about.

francois.lemarie

Board Regular
:) I had'nt but I have just trown it. And the truth, Andrew, when I select just one of the objects I want to move and then, do what you have just told me to, it works perfectly.

Thansk a lot Andrew :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leon_oscar

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...