How to send an email via macro

excelthong

hi

may i know what is the best way for excel to alert me when i am in office in the mean time my home pc is still runnning live data? i hope that excel can give me a call or something like that is this possible?

the more reasonable way i can think off is to send me an email to my mobile, so can it be done?

hope you guys can post some comments/solution.

thank you

Hi All,

I suggest you check out Ron de Bruin's excellent web site.(www.rondebruin.nl) He has some email routines that will send emails from Excel WITHOUT the warning messages.
They are outstanding and worked first time for me.

Regards,

Alan

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Thanx for the tip. Other than stylistic differences, I don;t see anything that Ron is doing that is all that different, except using the .send method. Which is a little surprising to me.

At the time that this thread began, use of the .send method of the mailitem object when automating from an external application caused a security message to appear in Outlook, and prevented the message from being sent. At the time, the prevailing wisdom was to use some variation of sendkeys to send the message anyway. Apparently in the years since I have re-visited this, there must have been some sort of patch to inhibit the security warning in Outlook. That means that about 3/4 of my code is completely unnecessary. And it's such a relief to remove all of those API calls!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back