How to send SMS via VBA through iMac iMessage Platform

Tenortone21

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi All,

In my volunteer role, I occasionally have to send out individualized text messages to 50+ people when I am backed up. The only thing unique about these messages is the recipient and their name. I would love to somehow build a VBA in excel 2016 that utilizes iMessage to send these text messages.

Please advise, any idea how I can go about doing this?

My messages look like this:

Hi (recipient name), this is (Mr. So and So) from (So and So). I just wanted to take the time to thank you for signing the petition. It is much appreciated. Our movement is picking up momentum in (So and So City). If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me here. If you’re interested in volunteering, please visit the below link to our “Take Action” page to see the roles available for our volunteer team. Thank you, again!

Link to take action page provided.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
I’ll check this, but as far as I know, it’s not possible. You can send iMessages from your Mac, but these won’t fall back to sms if the recipient doesn’t have an apple device, so you’d need a way of dealing with this and then sending a text.

Or do you mean that you just want to send SMS to everyone rather than iMessage?

Upvote 0
I’ll check this, but as far as I know, it’s not possible. You can send iMessages from your Mac, but these won’t fall back to sms if the recipient doesn’t have an apple device, so you’d need a way of dealing with this and then sending a text.

Or do you mean that you just want to send SMS to everyone rather than iMessage?
Hi so I want to send bot iMessages and sms to everyone—it’s not a big deal you actually have to adjust a setting in your iPhone which allows you to send messages from your iMac through iMessage to non-iPhone users. My thing is I just want this more automated.

I manually texted like 80 different people the other day on my iMac on iMessages both iPhone and non-iPhone users. It was fun but it was also time consuming and I just want to be smart about it.

I had iMessages open, I hard word open with the text ready to go, and I had safari open and I was logged into the data base with everyone’s personal info. So I’d edit the text in word, and just put the recipients name, copy paste the number from safari to iMessages then copy paste the ready made text on word to
iMessages and then click send. Lol I figured now would be a great time to learn VBA.

And I want to be strict about this if possible. I don’t want to use third party programs. I want VBA hooking up to iMessages if I can figure it out.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back