How to set date and time to next business date and time

Mangeshkhati

Hi All,
Is there any formula which will populate the next business day and time if i get a ticket during non business hours?
The business day starts at 5:00:00 PM IST and ends at 5:30:00 AM. Saturday and Sunday are holiday.
Example:
If i get a ticket on 26th June 4:30:15 PM, in next column the open date should be populated as 26th June 5:00:00 PM.

Regards,
Mangesh

Please explain in more detail. Exactly how is the deadline calculated. Give some examples please
Hi Sijpie, Thanks for your interest in this post. Below is the detail.

I need to populate a deadline based on business hours. The business hours are from 5 PM to 5:30 AM, Saturday and Sunday are holidays.
To arrive at a deadline i need to add 5 business days to the Open date of a ticket. 1 business day = 12 hours and 30 minutes (5 PM to 5:50 AM).
I am able to get the open date based on business hours. However i am not able to find the deadline based on business hours.

If start date of a ticket is 02nd Jul 2015 4:30 AM then deadline should be 09th Jul 15 at 3:30 AM.​

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Ah, that wil give you the 00:00 time.
So then =WORKDAYS(OpenDate,5)+MOD(OpenDate,1)

Upvote 0
Ah, that wil give you the 00:00 time.
So then =WORKDAYS(OpenDate,5)+MOD(OpenDate,1)
Thank you Sijpie,
Its working fine for 5 business days, what should be the formula for 24 business hours?
I have two different SLAs for 2 different groups.

Upvote 0
Well is that 24 business hours 2 working days or one working day? replace the 5 in WORKDAYS(OpenDate,5) with however many working days it is (1 or 2)

Upvote 0
Hi sijpie
Actually, one business day = 12 and half hours, can I replace it with 2? Will it become 25 business hours then?

Upvote 0
2 will give 24 hrs. How important is the 'missing' hour? There will be cases where it might end up just on the wrong date (a day too early). But is that fatal for your planning tool?

Upvote 0
Over five days that isn't criminal, yes? You can always add 1/24 but I think that may cause problems in other scenarios. I'll leave it to you. ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back