how to share?

mithu81

Board Regular
hello question for you guys on the best way to share and collaborate excel spreadsheets..

each week i have to send a spreadsheet to 18 people.. they make updates to their specific section and email back to me. then i copy and paste all their responses into one sheet and submit that to my boss.. its very time consuming and outdated method of collaboration.

i created a web part on a sharepoint site (sharepoint 2003), but am having some troubles due to multiple people saving their info on the webpart at the same time. this is causing some people data not to be saved.

i created a sharepoint list which worked great becasue it acts like a database file. everyone can access it and make changes.. as long as they do not update the same cell it works fine. only problem is that i can not add color to the spreadsheet and can not use some excel features like sort and other cosmetic spreadsheet features.

anyone have any suggestions how i can share a spreadsheet with multiple people and get updated results quickly? what would the best practice for something like this be?

Thanks again for you help.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
yea.. but the problem is i do not have a network drive where i can put the file for everyone to access. all i have is the sharepoint and email. and educating the sales team on checking in/out a file on the sharepoint will work but will take way to long.

Upvote 0
Are you on a local network?

If yes, you just need to map a drive on your local network. If not then I do not know the solution to your problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back