How to show Hours (as values) only when a field has a particular value?

Excel_VBA

I'll try my best to explain this. I have a Pivot Table with fields A, B, C and D under Row Labels. In the Values box, I have Hours and Cost. A Sigma with values automatically appears under Column Labels. All of this is arranged in Tabular form, with Subtotals below each group.

So the result is that the field headings are A, B, C, D, Sum of Hours and Sum of Amount in columns A-F. The field name D has 3 possible values (let's say D1, D2 and D3). Nothing is filtered now.

Under column E for Sum of Hours, I want to show the values only when field D has a value of D1 on any given row.

When field D is showing values of D2 on one row, or D3 on another row, I don't want the corresponding value under Sum of Hours to appear (instead I would like to filter it out or make the corresponding Hours value to appear as 0).

I can do this if I copy the Pivot Table and paste values. But is it possible to do this while still in the Pivot Table?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back