How to show progress in spreadsheet

mulberry13

Board Regular
We monitor the progress children make in quarterly spreadsheets for funding purposes. I am try to figure out how we can visibly show the progress (if any) a child has made during a fiscal year period. I tried a graph but since there is really not much difference between weeks of attendance it just didn't look right in a graph. What I need to show is if the child moved from one number to the next higher number. In week one they may have a 2 in the items below but week 4 it may move to a 3. The numbers only range from 1 to 3. Any thoughts?

Communication & Emerging Literacy
24-36 Months
Points to some pictures and/or body parts when asked.
week one
week two

Responds appropriately to social questions such as "What is your name?"

Ask for things at the table during snack time.

Uses four words to make a sentence.

Participate in songs and finger plays.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
How many data points per child:

2? One for year start and one for year end?

or 52? One for each week?

Upvote 0
The chart is for each week/per quarter so there are 12-13 columns (points) per quarter in the spreadsheet. Each week when/if the child attends the class the instructor will insert a number 1-3 according to progress made. In other words week 1 "responds to what is your name?" they were at a level 1 but week two they were at a level 3. I just think there aren't many that fluxuate so it's hard to do any kind of visual. I tried putting a "countif (column a - f, >1 but most of them are so it just count all of the columns. May need to come up with a totally different way of measuring progress.

Upvote 0
What if you add all the points up? If there are 10 different measures, each scored 1 to 3, that gives a score range of 10 to 30, that would be much more visible on a column chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back