How to skip rows

dormond

Hi Guys!!

I'm using the Hyperlink function for a database with different sheets. On my main sheet I have the label of each element, and on my second sheet I have each element with an individual table with some data.

The issue is that I need to link the label on the first sheet with the table of the element on the second sheet. For that, I used:

=HYPERLINK("#'Sheet2'!A1", 'Sheet2'!A1)

Before extending this formula to all the remaining elements (2499). I hided on the Sheet2 all the rows that I dont neet to be linked. But the formula still link them, is there a way to make that HYPERLINK skip all the hided rows?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Perhaps you could filter after you extend the formula (filter on the rows with errors, then remove those formulas). Otherwise, you'll probably have to explain much better because this is not a typical setup and itsn't isn't so clear what you are doing. Anything with thousands of hyperlinks is probably just fragile and prone to become a mainenance nightmare anyway.

Upvote 0
Hi Xenou! Thanks for the answer.

I found a way to do it. The formula searchs for a cell in the second sheet named as the cell in the first sheet, and then it creat the hyperlink.
This website explains it better
https://exceljet.net/formula/hyperlink-to-first-match

=HYPERLINK("#"& CELL("address",INDEX('Sheet2'!A$1:A$4892,MATCH(L28,'Sheet2'!A$1:A$4892,0))),"Go")

I share it, in case someone find it usefull.

See you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back