How to sort a Day Slicer to Mon-->Sun in an Excel Data Model

Sinuhet

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 15 pivot tables in one workbook. All 15 pivot tables are part of the same data model.
I have 3 slicers: Day, Month, Year. All 3 slicers are connected to all 15 pivot tables.

The cells in column Day are reffered to a Date Column. I tried both TEXT([@Date],"dddd") and WEEKDAY([@Date],1).
The problem is the Day slicer is alphabetically ordered Fri-Mon-Sat-Sun-Thu-Tue-Wed.
1644603701333.png

How can I order it starting from Mon and ending with Sunday?

I cannot use a custom sorting list as this is not available within the Excel Data Model.

Do I need to create a separate index column for Mon to Sun in Power Pivot simillary to Day Index column (0-365) and Month Index column (1-12)?
1644603645487.png

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Create a Custom List.

Excel Options > Advance > Scroll all the way to the bottom to the General Section > click "Edit Custom Lists..."

In the "List entries:" section, enter in the days of the week, in the order that you would like it to be. Hit your Enter key after each day to allow them to be shown on separate lines.

Click the "Add" button. The list will then shift over to the left side in the "Custom lists:" section. Click OK and then Save.

If it doesn't sort your Slicer right away, it will do so after a close and reopen of the file.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
correct me if I am wrong but sorting of slicer with the help of custom list is not available if the pivota tables are part of a data model. The option to check "Use custom list when sorting" is not available if I have added pivot tables into a data model.
Any other suggestions? I am afraid I have to add my pivot tables to a data model.
1644610559125.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back