How to stop pivot table from counting?

Marist07

How can I stop my pivot table from counting? I just want to be able to put the actual values in there, not to count the number of times there is a value for the certain record. Thanks!

Here's an example:

I order 11 things at 14.95.

I need to put the number ordered in the pivot table and multiply that number by the price (14.95). The problem is, that when I put the numberordered in the pivot table, instead of giving me the 11, it counts that value as 1. How can i have it show the actual value, not just as one counted field?

thanks for the help!

-dave

[Subject line edited by admin to reflect the subject of the post]

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I did. I think I got it to work, but how to I get to multiply two columns in the pivot table in the Total Column? I need to multiply in the data fields (the price) by the quantity in the Row area. is there a way that can be done?

thanks for the reply! hope to hear back!

Upvote 0
Click somewhere on your pivot table, then go to the pivot table wizard, and select "Formulas", then click on "Calculated Field". Give it a name live "Revenue", and set it equal to Quantity * Price (or whatever your field names are). This will add a field to your pivot table that is the product of the other two fields.

Upvote 0
This is fine, but it does not work. I do not know where to put the field because when I put it in the data area, all the numbers come out as Zero because it is trying to sum it. That is the problem.

WHy does excel keep automatically summing the numbers... ?

If it did not do this, it probably would work.... i did the field settings, but it still did not do anything...

help.. eek! thanks for the replies

Upvote 0
You don't put it anywhere; Excel normally handles that for you. It might help if you post your table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back