How to sum specific cells if dates match?

caaronh85

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I am hoping to get some help with a progress report I'm working on. I have 2 sheets, 'HB Repairs' which holds repair data in a table along with a date for when the repair was made. The other sheet 'Repair Metrics' shows 5 days of dates with a column of repairs. What I would like to have happen is when a date is selected on the 'Repair Metrics' sheet, the repairs for those specific dates are populated into the 'Repair Metrics' sheet, if that makes sense. Is this possible with a native formula? I've tried VLOOKUP but it isn't counting the specific repairs and then adding them.

Attachments

• help1.JPG
    help1.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 14
  • help2.JPG
    help2.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Like this?

=SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$D:$D,'HB Repairs'!$C:$C,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)+SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$F:$F,'HB Repairs'!$E:$E,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)+SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$H:$H,'HB Repairs'!$G:$G,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)

Upvote 0
Solution
Like this?

=SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$D:$D,'HB Repairs'!$C:$C,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)+SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$F:$F,'HB Repairs'!$E:$E,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)+SUMIFS('HB Repairs'!$H:$H,'HB Repairs'!$G:$G,$A4,'HB Repairs'!$I:$I,B$3)
I tried this and it put zeros in all the cells on 'Repair Metrics' sheet. Also, changing the dates did not change cell data either. I think you're on the right track because the formulas I tried gave me Value and NA errors so at least now I'm getting some number. Any other ideas?

Upvote 0
Like this?

Nvm, I had some cells swapped. This is what I needed. Thank you and I have marked your answer as a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back