How to update daily report in a data base format ?

rajeshkumarjoshi

Hi ,

I have a 2 sheets in a workbook by the name Entry and DataStore. I am entering the daily data in Entry sheet and then manually updating the data in DataStore sheet. Is there a macro to automate this.

I have uploaded the sample file with the expected output comments to the below link:

Free large file exchange service without size limits

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Rajesh

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hello. The following code will copy the data for you once you complete the last detail in cell I19. I haven't been able to solve your second and third points but this at least will give you a start. Place the code in the code moduel for worksheet "Entry".
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If Intersect(Target, Range("I19")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    Dim bottomA As Integer
    bottomA = Sheets("DataStore").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    If Target.Address = ("$I$19") Then
        Range("E4:E16").Copy
        Sheets("DataStore").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
        Sheets("DataStore").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy"
        Range("E19:I19").Copy Sheets("DataStore").Cells(Rows.Count, "N").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi again. I have been working on your other two points and I think I'm making some progress. The problem I was having was caused by your sheet name "Entry". You had a space at the end of the name which, of course, wasn't visible. This was giving me an error. I'll let you know how things progress.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is allowed, but certainly I feel to raise the same question in other forum and i got a very quick response.
Thanks to mumps as well as he is trying to help with all my queries.

Upvote 0
Hi Rajesh. It sounds like you found a solution in your cross post so I guess you don't need my help any longer.

Upvote 0
rajesh, cross-posting is like booking a cab from different vendors, and hoping in the first one that arrives! Doesn't work well with the driver / the cab company. The thing about Cross-posting is that developers here are mostly volunteers who take out time from their schedule to help the online community. The reason why forums emphasize on posters informing others that the question was cross-posted, is to ensure that time is not wasted by a developer who is unaware that a solution is already given. So please help the developers help you.

Upvote 0
Hi experts, my apology . I m new to forum and not aware of the rules. I appreciate the help provided by mumps.
I will surly keep this in mind in my next post.

thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back