How to use a field as "Not Something" to be condition of a query

mrchonginhk

I have a table with one column storing the condition of a query, like "*" etc.
* means all countries
Now, apart from "*", there is a need to have a condition "Not US"

So, can we join table has same effect as "[Country] is not US" ?
What can I do ?

Fazza

MrExcel MVP
Maybe best to have more information

though the basic idea is : [Country] <> 'US'
or if you need to add some other exceptions, you might prefer [Country] NOT IN ('US', 'AnotherOne', 'OrTwo')

And if there can be Null entries in the field, be careful to correctly handle them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwayssunny

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...