How to use SystemParametersInfo to Get SPI_SETWHEELSCROLLLINES

CyberPath

Hello... To everyone... :biggrin:

I'm working on a database in excel ... (Obvious) ... and i had to increase the height of rows to 90,75 (121px)
after that it only let me view 2 lines (Rows) at a time (Screens).

And every time i scroll the mouse wheel, it will jump to 3 by 3 rows, and a need to change the mouse settings to jump to 1 by 1 row (Line),
i know i can go to control panel => Mouse => Wheels => change parameters of 3 lines to 1.

OK,... but how to do this without having to go all the times to control panel,
and if someone else is using this database not have to go through hassle of doing constantly the same operation.

So i have did a research in how it would be possible to do this with Visual Basic ...
and i found this;

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa227580(v=vs.60).aspx

and this;
http://vcpptips.wordpress.com/tag/spi_setwheelscrolllines/

and in other sites of this type, they mention this type of code must be place in VB-MODULE...?!

Now, i have no idea in how to use this or how to develop this type of code. :confused:

Can someone help me in this... please. :(

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
A need to apologize for an act of disrespect:

Important announcement i have made in the others forums now i need to do it in this one to:
To all users and moderators of this forum, i come this way to express my need to apologize and explain my self the reason why i have posted the same question in multiple forums (but... from the correct point of view, is truly inexcusable), due to be desperate in quickly get an answer for the simple reason of being with limited time to deliver the work that i had been hand delivered by my class teacher.

The unforgivable was... the fact that neither occurred to me to check the forum rules, about using with courtesy the method CROSS-POST.

This small gap is quite disrespectful to all users who voluntarily devote their time to help those who little or nothing understand of this matter.

So... this will be has a future example to all of those, who someday decide to do something similar, just don't, the rush to get quick results only originates accumulated disasters.

The posts in question, which have been mentioned above are placed in the following boards;

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-gen...etersinfo-to-get-spi_setwheelscrolllines.html

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167080&p=615900#post615900
_CyberPath_

Upvote 0
I want to say thanks all who try to helped me in some way to resolve this issue.
(Although i dared to post this question in several forums :cry:)

Yet, there was who help me in trying to make it possible,
but the given option was not working,
anyway my time was came to a end and i had to deliver the work.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back