How to use vlookup on data validation on seperate sheets

Rock Robbster

This is my first time using vlookup (if that's what I want to even do). My scenario is this: I have an Intake sheet where I take the customer's order down using Data Validation. I want whatever I choose to come up on a seperate sheet that is Invoice sheet. (i.e. choose from food 1, food 2, food 3 etc.-when say food 1 is selected, I have it come up on the Invoice sheet, now how do I have the price for food 1 come up with that?)

I was thinking of writing a like string such as if food 1 then $price 1 else etc etc. There is a lot of info that I take from customers on the intake, and the less looking up and typing I do the better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:oops:

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Something like this?
Book2
ABCD
1ProductPrice
2Food1$5.00food1$5.00
3Food2$5.50
4Food3$6.00
Sheet1

Name your data table, say Table

In C2 of the example, using data valiation, use List and enter

=INDEX(Table,0,1)

Upvote 0
No, It would be on 2 sepetate sheets. Say from a drop down Menu on Sheet 1 I select food 2. Then on Invoice Sheet, food 2 is already there by using the =Intake!$A$1command. I want price 2 to come up. Basically I want to have a seperate list of prices that coordinate with the food. But I don't want to have to look up the price every time. The prices are on an invoice sheet, so it is going to be a running total. I hope that makes more sense.

Upvote 0
Rock Robbster said:
No, It would be on 2 sepetate sheets. Say from a drop down Menu on Sheet 1 I select food 2. Then on Invoice Sheet, food 2 is already there by using the =Intake!$A$1command. I want price 2 to come up. Basically I want to have a seperate list of prices that coordinate with the food. But I don't want to have to look up the price every time. The prices are on an invoice sheet, so it is going to be a running total. I hope that makes more sense.

From the example, imagine columns A and B are on a separate sheet and name the data table, Table and use the Vlookup formula on the other sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back