How to write ranges for desired data in attached Excel file?

kznmrexcel

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi, everyone,
I have an Excel file with two sheets that contain sample data. Note: I tried but was unable to attach the actual file, but here are two screenshots.

The attSummary sheet looks like this. In D column, I need to return the total number of periods missed by the student, based on data from the following sheet, attDownload. The current SUMIF doesn't quite work, so I need to redo it. Any help is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.25.06 AM.png

The attDownload sheet looks like this. I need to add up every time a student has A, D, E or V shown for columns D-I for one total in D column in the attSummary sheet. Example: for Joe Schmoe, row C, "A" appears 5 times, so that value of 5 would be added to all the other times any of those letters appear for Joe.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 11.25.16 AM.png

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Cannot manipulate data in a picture. Please reload the sample data using XL2BB. Additionally, it will make a difference in what solution is provided if you advise us and update your profile with the particular version of excel you are using.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I'm using Excel 2016. I tried using the XL2BB but had trouble getting it to work.

Upvote 0
Can be achieved with unpivoting your data in power query and then repivoting. I am not going to retype your data to demonstrate. If you can find a way to post your data not as a picture so I can work it, then I will demo.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back