How would I go about predicting expected spending, number of prospects, etc using values from other columns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrakage

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
For further clarification, I have a worksheet that contains fields about various marketing-related KPIs. I'd like to create 3 ideal sets that would maximize the number of good marketing prospects and minimize our spending. I have to filter between some different column values i.e. Age_group (20-25, 25-35, etc), Region (Midwest, South, North, etc), etc.

All of the data is located on another sheet on the same workbook which contains several filters/values for various columns like the two columns I mentioned above. Once I've created a specific set i.e. 20-25 for Age_group, Midwest for Region, I'm supposed to write in adjacent cells which the expected number of good prospects and spending would be. For instance, if I use the ideal set mentioned in the previous sentence, I could get a value of "300" good prospects and "$1450" for expected cost. If I were to change the Age_group from 20-25 to 25-35 and keep the Region the same, my values may change to "105" good prospects and "$1900" expected cost.

Would I calculate this using multiple regression, Excel Solver, or some other method? I'm not sure from what angle to approach this. Thank you!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
This appears to be a duplicate of a question you already posted, so this thread is closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back