HTML Maker is giving errors

webmeister

Not sure if this is the right spot for my question. If it isn't, please let me know.

I'm running Windows XP and Excel 2003. I downloaded the HTML Maker program, and then opened a .CSV style data file, while having specified HTML Maker as an Excel add-in. When I go to open my .CSV file, I get the following error messages:

Error Number 91
Error Descrp: = Object variable or With block variable not set
You may have to manually set a reference to the [VBIDE = VBE6EXT.OLB]

What does this translate to mean? Have any of you folks encountered this, and what should I do to stop the error?

If anyone has an idea or two (or three....), please let me know. Thanks in advance!!

Not sure if this is the right spot for my question. If it isn't, please let me know.
It wasn't, but I moved it to the correct spot ;)

As to the error: it's covered in the FAQ. See the link under my name below:

Thanks for your help!! That got rid of that error 91. However, I can't see the menu items specified...... what do I do at this point??

Thanks for your help!! That got rid of that error 91. However, I can't see the menu items specified...... what do I do at this point??

The first questions I usually ask in this situation, just to get them out of the way/double-check:

1) Did you download the correct addin?

Usually when someone messages me saying they can't find the menus, they have downloaded something other than the HTML Maker. The most common issue is that they have downloaded the VB HTML Maker, which is something completely different. That is for use in the Visual Basic Editor (to display macro code (with formatting) in posts) and will not display any menus like what I describe in the FAQ. I have also seen cases where it was determined that people downloaded the "TableIt" addin from Colo's site, which is for use on a different forum.

What you should use here is just plain old HTML Maker (either Light or 2.42 or some other version number)--not VB or TableIt.

2) Is the add-in turned on/activated? (Tools\Add-ins\select HTML Maker from list)

Hi, RichardSchollar,

I'm referring to the menus that were discussed in the FAQs for HTML Maker:

"Known Issues & Errors

I installed the HTML Maker add-in, but the "HTML" menu you say should appear on the menu bar is not there. "

Hi, again, Von Pookie.... I'll double check, but I swear I downloaded the right program.....

Thanks to the both of you for repltying so quickly!

Another thought--though I haven't tested it or anything: if you are using a computer with multiple profiles (administrator/your username/etc.) did you put the .xla file in the Addins folder of the correct profile?

Hmmmm.......

I'll check it out.....although I think so, since I can see it, so to speak.

Thanks!

Hi, Kristy,

That fixed that problem!! Interesting, eh wot? Now I'll "play" with the menu options and see what comes of it.

Thanks for your suggestions and help!

Hi, once more, Kristy....

Just posting a small piece of my Excel file, to make sure everything is working.....
676-2965-002_rev_AD__bom_Report.csv
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1LevelF/NRef DesComponent LocationNameRevTypeDescriptionStateQtyU of MUsage
211600-2010-198BMigrated PartPRINTED WIRING BOARD,BACKLIGHTManufacturing Release1EA - Each
312243-0045-010LComponent PartADHESIVES, EPOXYRelease1EA - EachAR
413005-2790-010HComponent PartADHESIVE, SURFACE MOUNTRelease1EA - EachAR
514014-1450-010FComponent PartTAPE, THERMALLY CONDUCTIVEManufacturing Release9
615C12184-0401-030AMComponent PartCAPACITOR, CHIP, TANTALUMRelease1EA - Each
716C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C10,C14,C79,C80,C81,C82,C83,C84,C93184-0401-230AMComponent PartCAPACITOR, CHIP, TANTALUMRelease14EA - Each
817Q6,Q9,Q10,Q12,Q13,Q14,Q15,Q16204-0112-010AMigrated PartSEMICONDUCTORDEVICE,TRANSISTORManufacturing Release8EA - Each
676-2965-002_rev_AD__bom_Report

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back