HTML SCALING

JMorrison

I have recently started a couple web sites which need to have Excel spreadsheets converted to make pages for my web site. I cannot see any relation to the scaling of my Excel sheet and the finished html sheet. In Excel, I see all my columns well within the limits of my monitor, but in certain conversions, the html sheet comes out so huge that I have to scroll to the right to view the entire page. It only happens with certain files. Is there a setting somewhere which would set the "scale" or zoom ratio of the converted page? I have even tried reducing all the font sizing and row and column sizes, but that makes no difference.

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
kinda sounds more like an HTML code issue than anything. what html editor are you using? and are you importing your file directly?

Upvote 0
I am converting the file using Excel itself. Just go to "Save as web Page". Most files come out as I see them in Excel. This one file comes out very large scale.

Upvote 0
well excel automatically sets the excel sheet up as a table, with the width being generated automatically.
for instance: 9 cells wide w/ a width of 8.38 in excel, transfers to a width of 648 pixels in generated html script.
9 cells wide w/ a width of 1.25 in excel, transfers to a width of 135 pixels in generated html script.

you can always adjust the source code with an html editor (even notepad, my preferred), and set it manually after the code has been generated.

but i am under the impression that excel's generation to a web page is all automaticity.

personally i would suggest converting it to a web page w/ save as, then custom fitting your code to meet your specifications (just remember your target audience and their average monitor size! :) ).

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses. As i stated.. I am very new to all this. I know nothing of html code. Excel converts great to web pages for my site, except for this one page. I will just have to experiment with it and see what I can do to reduce the size. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
i'm sure you can do this. good luck with it. and if you want to change the width manually it's under (left bracket)table .... width="xxx" or something to the effect

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back