Hullo Excel Pros!

Karthik-Excelsior

Happy Friday,

I'm facing a small challenge with an Excel report. As part of my routine, I'm supposed to find out the number of 'Runs' & 'Balls faced' per a given Session range.

Say, For session 1 to 2.5, these were the no. of runs scored and balls faced.

I've Runs in Col. A, Balls Faced in Col. B & Sessions in Col. C

If I adjust the session range, say, 1 to 2, I want the no. of Runs & Balls faced to sum up according to the session range selected.

Can you help me out in achieving this?

Thanks much in advance!

Best,

Karthik

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Is the data sorted by column C? That is, are all the same session numbers grouped together?

If so, have a look at Excel's built-in Subtotal feature (Data tab). It will add the rows and formulas for you. The formulas will be similar to the one KK suggested - but unless that relates to a different language version of Excel the syntax looks wrong in that formula.

Upvote 0
Hi frens,

Thanks for taking time out to help me in this case. I so wish I cud attach the excel sheet I've to show u my prob. Sorry, if my request was unclear.

A B C
Runs Balls faced Sessions
4 1 1
2 2 0
1 1 1.1
6 1 5

This is how it looks in excel. And, I want the no. of Runs (in col. A) n Balls faced (in col B) to get subtotalled when i adjust the session ranges (say, in cols. G & H) like below:'

G H I J
Session Ranges Runs Balls Faced
1 2 5 2
2 5 6 1

Hope my request is clear this time. Any help is much appreciated. Basically, I'll have to adjust the entries in col. G & H, so that stats in cols. I & J get automatically adjusted (subtotalled) accordingly.

Thx much in advance!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I so wish I cud attach the excel sheet I've to show u my prob.
You cannot attach your sheet but my signature block below contains 3 methods for posting small screen shots. Test them in the Test Here forum. That way, if something goes wrong, you won’t be messing up a main forum.

Your request is still a little unclear to me. In columns G:H you appear to have a session range that goes fro 1 to 2 and a session range that goes from 2 to 5.

1. Which range would session 2 actually belong to?

2. Which range would session 2.1 belong to?

3. Why isn't a row included in columns G:J to pick up session 0?

If you could post a slightly larger set of sample data and expected results it might help clarify.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back