Hyperlink changes url address

edaspen

I am using the hyperlink to go through the browser to a site. My hyperlink is set to http://webprod2.mutualofomaha.com/R...eqid=8642&query=requisitionstatus&performerID=& which I copied from the site itself. But when I put that into the Excel hyperlink and click, it takes me to a different url:
http://webprod2.mutualofomaha.com/RequestCenter/myservices/myservice.do?resetBN=true

If I paste the original address into the browser it works fine.

Any idea why this changes the url? Other addresses work fine.

<COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><TBODY>
</TBODY>

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Does the website your trying to access require a password or specific text in a searchbox to get to?

Upvote 0
Yes to the password but I can get past the login with no problems when I paste in the url and respond to the logon.

Upvote 0
Can you post the original not as a link? (Put some spaces in it...) The forum software squishes it together. I'd like to see the whole thing.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just noticed that myself. Sorry. I pasted it below but put spaces in to the http. Also, it is one continuous line with no spaces.

h t t p ://webprod2.mutualofomaha.com/RequestCenter/myservices/navigate.do?requisitionId=8642&query=requisition

Hope this is more readable now.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Sorry this is so confusing, this is my first attempt to use this type of forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think what im seeing is a 2 step process. First, you need to allow excel to log into the website. Then direct the site to the link your trying to access.

Upvote 0
BenMiller - Yeah, this is on the Mutual of Omaha intranet so you can't. But you can see that the link has changed and I was just wondering if anyone had this issue before. I thought that Excel just plugged in the address but it does not appear to do so. It changes it for some reason that I have not been able to decipher.

TKB - The two step you are referring to, does the second step require that the user has to enter something manually? That is what I am trying to avoid.</SPAN>

Upvote 0
I thought that Excel just plugged in the address but it does not appear to do so.

Not at all. Excel first determines if it can open the web page. Requiring a log-in can prevent that.

Upvote 0
BenMiller -

TKB - The two step you are referring to, does the second step require that the user has to enter something manually? That is what I am trying to avoid.

Im not sure that it is possible with excel to do what your wanting. The reason, as Ben Stated, Excel first determines if the page is accessible. Because it requires an initial page to access the target page, the target page will always return an error to Excel. In this case, Excel takes no further action.

Second is,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StaffordStag

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back