Hyperlink function from drop down menu data validation list throughout entire workbook

qmp

Hello need a little help

"YouTube": Hyperlink function from drop down menu data validation list throughout entire workbook
"YouTube": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vRkA_7x9t8&t=50s

The validation link hyperlink listed above works great but it links to other sheets and I need it to link on the same sheet.
The list links will link to the sheet name and cell location. I have video and music in a data file list and would like to link down to a group title. As I add more selection and groups this type of hyperlink list help keep the links up to date and working with out having to redo link if the rows change.

Example items in validation list: 1000, 2000,3000,4000,5000,6000. Now if I want to add another item to the list, like 3500 then all I have to do is add or insert the 3500 into the list without having to do much work.

=HYPERLINK("workbook_name.xls]validation_sheet_name!"&AG6,"friendly_name") is the code use in the video and works great.

hope i didn't mess this up too much, but watch the youtube video and make the validation list link on the same sheet the validation list is located not a different sheet.

What I like about this way it doesn't use vba.

Thanks qmp

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Can you post some sample data from your sheet?

Just to clarify you only want to hyperlink within Sheet1 for example for your data?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back