Hyperlink Inquiry...

Rh3e

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Excel Experts,

Need help with this situation as can not find a way on how to do it. I have 2 sheets in a workbook. Sheet 1 has a data that has a hyperlinks to different sheets in the workbook. On sheet 2, I have created a filter function to extract the data on sheet 1. My issue is the hyperlinks is not going to sheet 2. Is there a possibility to have the hyperlink created move to sheet 2 when performing the filter function in sheet 2.

Thank you in advance with your answer.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Hi, some sample data may help here (see XL2BB, link in my signature). It all depends on your available data in sheet 2. Does that contain cells you can use to create the hyperlink via a formula? Else you'd be needing a macro to extract the hyperlink from sheet 1. Can't help you there.

Upvote 0
Hi GraH,

Thank you for the response. Here is the sample data that you are requesting. On the same sheet create a data for A column A1,A2, and A3. In column B test1,test2, and test3. In cell D1 I create a data validation for B2:B4. The created a function formula in D5. The concern is that the Hyperlink is not moving.

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Capture13.JPG
    Capture13.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
Would need to know what the hyperlink behind the range A1:A3 is?
If there is nothing "logic", hard to suggest a working formula. e.g. A1 can have a hyperlink to mrexcel.com and A2 to google.com. If that is the case you need a macro.
If they refer to sheets/cells, then you need to know sheetsname and use hyperlink function to reconstruct the hyperlink from the source cell.

Upvote 0
Hi @GraH,

Thank you for responding. Appreciate it. The logic is I have sheet 1 that has a list of processes that has hyperlinks. Instead of using CTRL F to locate the specific process with hyperlink within the workbook in different sheets, decided to create the FILTER function. It does return the said result but the hyperlinks is not included anymore.
Tried vlookup, index and match but the hyperlinks are not included in the results. Did the hyperlink function but getting cannot open specified file error.

Upvote 0
Any logical sequence in the procedure links?
Like Sharepoint site, folder, DOC name,... Then it boils down to making the hyperlink formula work.
Can you provide a few examples of the links? Then suggestions for formulae might follow.

Upvote 0
Hi GraH,

Thank you for following up. I was able to resolve my concern using =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP and another formula =HYPERLINK(INDEX(MATCH...
Thank you for responding to my queries.

Reden

Upvote 0
Good to read you got it sorted out, Reden. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back