Hyperlink limitations?

aramsay

Hi, I am trying to make a simple contents table on Sheet 1 of a workbook, with hyperlinks to the other worksheets in the workbook. I made 26 using the standard command from the Insert menu. However I cannot seem to create anymore. The drop down list in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, under Places in this Document, does not display all of the worksheets in the workbook. I have also tried using the HYPERLINK formula but I get an error message stating "Cannot open selected file".

Is there a limit to the number of hyperlinks you can have within a workbook? Any way around this?

I currently have 28 worksheets in the workbook.

Any advice appreciated!

Many thanks,
Alan

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Many thanks Zack, worked a treat. It actually highlighted to me why I was having a problem - it was nothing to do with the number of sheets or hyperlinks I was trying to create, the issue was that I was trying to link to a chart. I have pasted the charts into a worksheet to get round this but is there a way to hyperlink to a chart?

Thanks again for the help,
Alan

Upvote 0
If you're talking Chart Sheets, then the link I provided should create links to those as well. Is this not the case??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back