Hyperlink mailto concatenate body new line signature

OxmoPuccino

Hi,

I'm trying to click a hyperlink that will open a new e-mail with Outlook and the e-mail would be all filled with values from Excel cells.
Here's what I got so far:
=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & R1530 & "?subject="& CONCATENATE(A1530," ",B1530) & "&body=" & CONCATENATE("HI","YO",C1530)&"hello", "send e-mail to PM")
I have 2 problems:
  1. I'm trying to create the body of the e-mail based on cell values with multiple lines. I've found this on a forum somewhere, but I don't understand how to make it work with my above formula: "mailto:name@domain.e_t?subject=Header&body=This is the first line%0D%0AThis is the second" the "%0D%0A" seems to create a new line, but I don't know how to integrate it with my formula
  2. The automatic signature is missing from the e-mail. Whenever I click new e-mail in Outlook, my signature is automatically added to the e-mail, but not when I create an e-mail through a hyperlink in Excel.

Anyone have a clue on how to fix any of these problems?

Thank you,

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Thanks for your link, I noticed that you were putting quotes around %0D%0A which I wasn't, so that problem is fixed:
=HYPERLINK("mailto:" & R1530 & "?subject="& CONCATENATE(A1530," ",B1530) & "&body=" & CONCATENATE("HI", "%0D%0A", "YO",C1530), "send e-mail to PM")
As for the signature, thank you for letting me know it's impossible so I can stop searching for that. Our signatures usually have our company logo, but for this purpose I will just have to accept the fact that the logo will be missing.
Thank you!

Upvote 0
I though my problems were over, but it seems like there's a maximum amount of "&" I can put in my formula for the body of the e-mail.
Concatenate doesn't seem to help either.
Our signature format has 5 lines and when I add the 3rd line excel return my hyperlink with #value !
Do you have a magic trick for this?

Upvote 0
It's never straightforward.
Try bunging the signature lines in a single cell and referencing the cell

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back