Hyperlink Not Working After Vlookup or Index/Match Formula

wallmaxmer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have used the following formulas in my worksheet and both bring back the correct text and a hyperlink, but the hyperlink does not work.

=HYPERLINK(INDEX('CM Data'!B3:E153,MATCH(C18,'CM Data'!B3:B153,0),4))
=HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP($C16,Generate!$B$2:$G$100,4,),'CM Data'!E9)

I've tested the hyperlinks on all the cells in the "CM DATA" sheet and they all work correctly. When I click on the hyperlink in the "WEEK 1" sheet, where I need the hyperlink to be pulled into, it looks like it completely changes the link and says the following, "The webpage at might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address". The address it pulls up is entirely different than the hyperlinks in the "CM DATA" sheet. For example, I changed one just to be as simple as, "www.google.com" and then I run the formula and it brings back the error with the long HTTPS address I just mentioned. It actually looks like its my SharePoint address on my computer that it changes it to.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Hi wallmaxmer,

If you're experiencing issues with hyperlinks not working after applying a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formula, it's most likely because the formula has altered the original cell reference of the hyperlink.

You can try using the HYPERLINK function in Excel to create a hyperlink using the original cell reference. Here's an example of how to use the HYPERLINK function:

1. In a new cell, enter the HYPERLINK function using the original cell reference as the first argument and the hyperlink text as the second argument. For example: =HYPERLINK(A1,"Link Text")
  2. Replace A1 with the cell reference that contains the formula, and "Link Text" with the text that you want to display for the hyperlink.
  3. Copy the formula down to apply it to all the cells that contain the formula.
By using the HYPERLINK function, you should be able to create working hyperlinks that are not affected by the VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH formula.

Best Regards.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back