hyperlink question

david graham

I have a big wb that has about 40 different hyper links in it. These links are to pictures of items dipicted in the wb.

Instead of the hyperlinks refering to web addresses, i copied the pictures into another file on my computer and then created links to this other file (i did this so an internet connection would not be nessessary to access these pictures)

Both the wb & the file the pictures are in are on a network drive (i have an office comp & 2 laptops). When i save the wb into a different folder (not the shared folder the links no longer work)

Anyone know a good way to do this so the hyperlinks always work & no internet connection is required?

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
If the links were created in the same folder as the file with the pictures, the if you right click on the hyperlink and click "Edit Link," you will the address is little more than the picture title. So when you mioved the workbook to another file, there is no information to tell Excel whaqt file to look in. You will need to deliberately recreate the links with the workbook in another file. Thus the link will identify the folder and name. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back