Hyperlink to cell with matching date

Mandy_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,
I've created a day planner in excel office 365 - and one sheet has the dates in a month view (for six months), and the second sheet has the day planner with one date per page. I'm having trouble creating a hyperlink in the first sheet where when I click the date it it will take me to the page in the second sheet with the matching date. I'm trying command + K, but I can't type a formula. I've tried Hyperlink formula with CELL, INDEX and MATCH, but I can't seem to make it work... Thank you for your help.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
In terms of using Ctrl+K did you click on "Place in this Document" ?
Mind you for that many dates a macro is probably going to be more practical but then we would need a lot more information on sheet names and placement of data in both sheets.

1668236924807.png

Upvote 0
Thank you, I’m going to be saving the document as a pdf, and have the hyperlinks still working. Will a macro work with this? So the document will be in my pdf annotator.

Can I use the command +K as a formula to find and match the date? If so, which formula do I use please?

Upvote 0
I've tried Hyperlink formula with CELL, INDEX and MATCH, but I can't seem to make it work...
The hyperlink formula would look something like the below, with the dates in Sheet2 being in column B.
Can I use the command +K as a formula to find and match the date?
No Ctrl+K does not have a formula option. The formula option uses the formula Hyperlink and looks like the below.
So the document will be in my pdf annotator.
I have no idea about making the Excel Hyperlink work in the PDF file created from it. That is a totally different question and you would be better served by asking that in a different thread.

20221112 Hyperlink Mandy_.xlsm
AB
21/11/20221/11/2022
42/11/20222/11/2022
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B2,B4B2=HYPERLINK("#'"&MID(CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!B:B,0),0)), FIND("]",CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!B:B,0),0)))+1, 100), A2)

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back