Hyperlink to other spreadsheets in other workbooks

recben

I would like to hyperlink to a particular spreadsheet in a different workbook.

It seems easy to link to spreadsheets within the workbook, or to other books, what do I need to type in the 'type the file name' to link to a spreadsheet within that workbook?

Thanks for your help.

RECBEN

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
hyperlink to place in another workbook

Hi

If I have understood you correctly, just add #Sheet2!B3 straight after the filename with no space between, it is basically a bookmark in the other workbook.

This would hyperlink to whatever workbook sheet2 cell B3 in this instance

hope this helps

John

Upvote 0
I highly recommend the use of the Hyperlink() worksheet function for this application. There are several syntaxes, depending upon whether the linked file is open or closed, and whether there are spaces in the File/Pathname. But I tend to use the follwoing syntax to cover all combinations:

Code:
'Data'!$A$1","Link")

You'll notice that the entire File/Path is contained in Square Brackets. The way that I build this is to open BOTH workbooks, then in a cell off to the side, I simply type in =, and switch to the destination book, and select the destination cell. Then I CLOSE the destination book. This causes Excel to build the FULL file/pathname in the Source book. Then I simply copy/paste the full addrss sstring to the Hyperlink() function, and move the leading Square Bracket from it's normal position to the FIRST position in the string, and adust the Single Quotes accordingly (included around the Sheet Name, but not in the File/Pathname).

The syntax is TRICKY, so it may take you a few tries to get it right. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
BTW: THIS is a good resource for Hyperlink info, among other stuff... you just have to weed through some extaneous stuff.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back