Hyperlink to send

EdJrz

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone, I have build a long formula in a cell that creates a hyperlink to send an email to certain contact who is searched by using a VLOOKUP, then it adds the Subject, the CC and the body. It runs perfectly on my computer. It took my gmail default email address. Then I sent it by email to my wife so she can use it within her Santander Bank laptop & corporate outlook profile settings. I assumed that when sent it, the Outlook settings on my wife's employee bank profile would take place instead. But my surprise was that, when she tested the hyperlink, it opened the new mail outlook template filling her personal YAHOO email address instead automatically!

Anyone who can help to set her Bank's personal email address in the "FROM :" field as default when clicking the hyperlink?

Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(HIPERLINK("mailto:"&SIFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP([@Perito],Email,5)=1,VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2),SI(VLOOKUP([@Perito],Email,5)=2,VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,3),VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,3)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,4))),"")&"?subject="&SI([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.2,"Visita 1",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.4,"Visita 2",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.6,"Visita 3",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.8,"Visita 4","Visita 5"))))&" Cliente "&[@SOLICITANTE]&"&cc="&"abc@xyz.com"&"&body="&"Estimado "&LEFT([@Perito],SEARCH(" ",[@Perito]))&","&"%0A%0AFavor de programar visita e indicar fecha acordada.%0ASaludos. ","Enviar Email"),"")

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Hello everyone, I have build a long formula in a cell that creates a hyperlink to send an email to certain contact who is searched by using a VLOOKUP, then it adds the Subject, the CC and the body. It runs perfectly on my computer. It took my gmail default email address. Then I sent it by email to my wife so she can use it within her Santander Bank laptop & corporate outlook profile settings. I assumed that when sent it, the Outlook settings on my wife's employee bank profile would take place instead. But my surprise was that, when she tested the hyperlink, it opened the new mail outlook template filling her personal YAHOO email address instead automatically!

Anyone who can help to set her Bank's personal email address in the "FROM :" field as default when clicking the hyperlink?

=IFERROR(HIPERLINK("mailto:"&SIFERROR(IF(VLOOKUP([@Perito],Email,5)=1,VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2),SI(VLOOKUP([@Perito],Email,5)=2,VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,3),VLOOKUP(J579,Email,2)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,3)&"; "&VLOOKUP(J579,Email,4))),"")&"?subject="&SI([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.2,"Visita 1",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.4,"Visita 2",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.6,"Visita 3",IF([@[Avance (%)]]<=0.8,"Visita 4","Visita 5"))))&" Cliente "&[@SOLICITANTE]&"&cc="&"visitasconstruccion@santander.com.mx"&"&body="&"Estimado "&LEFT([@Perito],SEARCH(" ",[@Perito]))&","&"%0A%0AFavor de programar visita e indicar fecha acordada.%0ASaludos. ","Enviar Email"),"")

where is the from email in above formula ?

Upvote 0
According to the referentes and syntax, the hyperlink must start with the "mailto:" argument, but that is just the question, maybe... where or how to insert the "from:" field

Upvote 0
Or how to do a workaround...
The person who is going to use it must have it as a link in a cell avoiding VBA coding

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back