Hyperlink & Vlookup formula

kywenyi

hi, i have 1 workbook with 2 tabs - on Sheet 1 i need to hyperlink the column COLOR to Sheet 2 with vlookup function.

i've tried this but doesn't work. =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(B2,'SHEET 2'!A1:B3,2,0)

please help me with this. i will need to key in the formula in Sheet 1 B2, and when click on B2, it brings me to Sheet 2 A2, and in Sheet 1 B2, it will display as Sheet 2 A2 name.

Sheet1

AB
1FRUITCOLOR
2APPLERED
3LEMONYELLOW

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2

A
B
COLORDETAILS
REDSWEET
YELLOWSOUR

<tbody>
</tbody>

kurtisw

Since you are attempting to reference the same cell that you are wanting to place the formula in you will need to reference the actual text value you are searching for.

Place the following formula in cell B2 on Sheet 1
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!$A1:$B3,MATCH("Red",Sheet2!$A:$A,0),0)),"Red")

If you want to use a cell reference you will need to place the formula in a cell other than the one you are referencing.

kywenyi

i cannot do that. i have a full list of data and they are not in fixed row on sheet 2. previously my colleague use the normal hyperlink but i realise whenever i add a data in sheet 2, my hyperlink all wrong due to insert of row. thus, i need hyperink with vlookup. anything you can suggest?

kurtisw

Can you place this formula in C2?

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!$A1:$B3,MATCH($B2,Sheet2!$A:$A,0),0)),$B2)

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics