Hyperlink & Vlookup formula

kywenyi

hi, i have 1 workbook with 2 tabs - on Sheet 1 i need to hyperlink the column COLOR to Sheet 2 with vlookup function.

i've tried this but doesn't work. =HYPERLINK(VLOOKUP(B2,'SHEET 2'!A1:B3,2,0)

please help me with this. i will need to key in the formula in Sheet 1 B2, and when click on B2, it brings me to Sheet 2 A2, and in Sheet 1 B2, it will display as Sheet 2 A2 name.

Sheet1

AB
1FRUITCOLOR
2APPLERED
3LEMONYELLOW

<tbody>
</tbody>

Sheet 2

A
B
COLORDETAILS
REDSWEET
YELLOWSOUR

<tbody>
</tbody>

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

kurtisw

Since you are attempting to reference the same cell that you are wanting to place the formula in you will need to reference the actual text value you are searching for.

Place the following formula in cell B2 on Sheet 1
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!$A1:$B3,MATCH("Red",Sheet2!$A:$A,0),0)),"Red")

If you want to use a cell reference you will need to place the formula in a cell other than the one you are referencing.

kywenyi

i cannot do that. i have a full list of data and they are not in fixed row on sheet 2. previously my colleague use the normal hyperlink but i realise whenever i add a data in sheet 2, my hyperlink all wrong due to insert of row. thus, i need hyperink with vlookup. anything you can suggest?

kurtisw

Can you place this formula in C2?

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",INDEX(Sheet2!$A1:$B3,MATCH($B2,Sheet2!$A:$A,0),0)),$B2)

kywenyi

i tried but can't. it shows NA.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgoldman

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...