Hyperlink with IF functions and vlookups

hawkfan1

Hoping someone can provide some help on this. I have a spreadsheet where people fill out the sheet with their skill assessments. Once those are filled out, the responses using the IF function and vlookup would populate the Development plan tab. Some of the items that get pulled into the development plan are links out to source material that they can use as resources to help with their development. Others are just values that do not need to be hyperlinked.

My question is: how can not only pull in the link that goes to the site, but also, only have the values that have an actual link to be a hyperlink? I am okay if I need to have 2 columns and hide one.

=IF('Skills assessment'!C5="","",VLOOKUP('Skills assessment'!C5&"-"&'Skills assessment'!B5,Data!D2:H29,2,FALSE)) is the current formula that I am using to pull in the value, however the link itself does not pull in, only the value of the cell.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Looks like it's only possible via macro from the links I've found.

It's very annoying, someone asking specifically if they can use a formula to do it and the reply is "you can use a macro"
That's not answerig the question is it? The answer should be "Yes you can, here's how..." or "No, you have to use a macro"
I suspect this is only possible via macro but noone's admitted to that yet from my Googling.

Upvote 0
I would be okay if I have to use a macro if that is the only way. I have a feeling that I am not the first person that was wanting to do this, but like you I was really not finding a lot of helpful links when googling so I figured I would come to the board to see if anyone has done this or something similar in the past that could be tweaked to solve for this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back