Hyperlink with Index Formula - "Cannot Open Specified File"

norts55

Board Regular
Hello,
I have searched to find a solution to this and it seems there may be many out there but I have tried many and nothing works for me. I am at a total loss.

I am trying to create a hyperlink with the index formula. -See below. Every time I click in the cell I get a message box stating "Cannot Open Specified File"

Can someone please help with this?

=HYPERLINK(INDEX('DOT Avg Prices'!$G$2:$G$3000,MATCH(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$2:$B$3000,0)),VLOOKUP(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$2:$G$3000,6))

Attachments

• 2020-04-30_1449.png
    2020-04-30_1449.png
    3 KB · Views: 4

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi,

What is index returning and what is the hyperlink you expect to get? Can you upload some sample data using tbe XL2BB add-on please.

Upvote 0
Hello,
Thank you for the response. I have a table on sheet DOT Avg Prices. The index will use the contents of cell F649 and column B on sheet DOT Avg Prices to find a match and then use what is in column G from the sheet DOT Avg Prices. - I hope I explained that correctly.

Upvote 0
Hi, I understand the formula and I know it can be difficult to explain, hence showing some data might help.
You did not exactly answer what the hyperlink is supposed to do: link to a site, a cell reference on a sheet (what I suspect you are after), another workbook,...

Perhaps explain what do you want to accomplish.

Upvote 0
Thank you for hanging in there with me.

What I need the hyperlink to do, is link to the cell the index finds. It is in the same workbook but a different sheet. The sheet name is 'DOT Avg Prices'.

Upvote 0
Please try
=HYPERLINK("#'DOT Avg Prices'!G"&MATCH(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$2:$B$3000,0)+1,VLOOKUP(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$2:$G$3000,6) )

Upvote 0
Another option
=HYPERLINK("#"&ADDRESS(MATCH(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$1:$B$3000,0),7,,,"DOT Avg Prices"),VLOOKUP(F649,'DOT Avg Prices'!$B$2:$G$3000,6,0))

The only real difference is the Vlookup is looking for an approximate, adding the last 0 makes it an exact match. Whether you need that depends on your data.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocketslinger

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back