Hyperlinked cell border color

rickblunt

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Greetings, Is there a way to change the border color of the cell that is selected by a hyperlink? Still not sure if this is a clear question... I have searched for this answer with no luck - (not even sure if I know how to ask the question which may be the problem)

I am not asking about changing grid line colors, that is simple. but what I am trying to ask is about the border (or the double-lined box as it were) that appears around a cell when it is activated (or selected) by a hyperlink.

For example, I place an auto shape square on the worksheet and assign cell "F5" to it. When I select or "click" on the autoshape, cell "F5" has a box appear around the cell showing me that this is the active cell, and any text I type in will be entered is here. I have about 300 of these cells already setup so sometimes it is hard to pick out the active cell. Is there a way of making this border a different color, like red or something? Thanks

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back