Hyperlinking Cells not Working

dormond

Hi!!!

I'm working on a data base where I need to link cells to another sheet, but its not working and i keep getting the "Cannot open the specified file" message. Even the simplest way using

=HYPERLINK('Other sheet'!A509)

When i use de manual option "Ctrl+K" it does work. But I need to link arround 2500 cells and Im looking for a way to do it automatically, also if you know a way I would appreciate it a lot!

thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

John_w

MrExcel MVP
For the =HYPERLINK formula to a cell in the same workbook, prepend a # character to the location in quotes - see https://www.contextures.com/excelhyperlinkfunction.html#linksheet

A macro could create hyperlinks to 2,500 cells, either with =HYPERLINK formulae or by creating links (the Ctrl+K method). But how would the macro know where to place each link and the associated cell to link to?

dormond

For the =HYPERLINK formula to a cell in the same workbook, prepend a # character to the location in quotes - see https://www.contextures.com/excelhyperlinkfunction.html#linksheet

A macro could create hyperlinks to 2,500 cells, either with =HYPERLINK formulae or by creating links (the Ctrl+K method). But how would the macro know where to place each link and the associated cell to link to?
Hi John!
I was searching in the web and found out that maybe using Index and Match inside the Hyperlink could work,but im still having the problem with the Hyperlink basics.
I tried using the # before the sheetname as the webpage that you gave me said but, it didnt worked, i got the #VALUE ! error. Im using Excel 2019, dont know if that could be the reason

John_w

MrExcel MVP
Using your OP example, try:

=HYPERLINK("#Other sheet!A509","Link to A509 on Other sheet")

Note the double quote characters.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlainCar

This Week's Hot Topics