Hyperlinking to File Name in Cell

jjrussell2013

Hi all:

I know there is a way to do this I am just having no lucky getting there. I have a a column that contains work order numbers. The work order numbers and all pertinent detail associated with it are imported in daily. In my last column I have a hyperlink that populates each line to its PDF file. The PDF files are saved on the drive with the same number of the WO number so it's the same value.

I am recording hundreds of work orders a month and modifying the hyperlink for each row is extremely time consuming.

Is there a way to write the formula so that if I just drag it down from the row above it'll modify itself to match the work order number on that row.

My Work Order numbers are imported into the G column. The table below is essentially what it looks like and thats the current hyperlink formula I'm using. I manually change the red numbers to match the WO number for each transaction.

Pdf are filed under W:\WORK ORDERS\LTW\LTW 18

WOFromBlendCommentEnteredWineApprovedLink
45000600LTWPMIX3/8/19=+HYPERLINK("LTW\LTW 18\45000.pdf",G3000)
45001601LTWPMIX3/8/19=+HYPERLINK("LTW\LTW 18\45001.pdf",G3001)

<tbody>
</tbody>

I've attempted to this use formula based on other recommendations I found: =+HYPERLINK("LTW\LTW 18"& G3000 &".pdf]",G3000). It doesn't throw any errors it just doesn't open the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am spending way to much time on this.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Jerry Sullivan

MrExcel MVP
Welcome to MrExcel,

It looks like you are missing a backslash after LTW 18 in the formula you attempted...

=HYPERLINK("LTW\LTW 18\"& G3000 &".pdf]",G3000)

Also, you might consider adding the full path including the Drive unless you expect to port the file to a different path that starts with the folder LTW\

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db321

This Week's Hot Topics