hyperlinks between two spreadsheets

it's an excel world

Board Regular
I was wondering if it was possible to have hyperlinks linked to a secondary sheet that is linked from a "main" sheet (not sure if that is phrased correctly or not). Anyway.... I have a spreadsheet that I have one person maintain information on to help identify incoming inventory for everyone in the department. I also have a secondary sheet that is read only and links from the first using formulas so that all the info on the first sheet is visible on the second sheet. This was done so that we did not have to be concerned with some users compromising the integrity of the information. In addition what I would like to do is create hyperlinks in the first sheet to pictures of the invetoried items but second sheet doesn't seem to pick up these hyperlinks. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
ok what you need to do is copy the cells were the picture is not the picture but the cells were the pic is and you need to copy the cell as a picture, to do this pick the cells then hold shift then go to edit and ckick copy as picter, jusk click ok on the boxes then go to the other workbook and past the picture of the cells or cell then add your picture to the first workbook worksheet and you will see the picture show.

Upvote 0
ok show you what im talking about, make a new workbook, then type your name in cell A1,

then pick that cell A1 then hold the shift key down move your mouse up to the edit menu. click it you will see copy as picture click it .

then go to sheet2 and then past on sheet2 any were you wont. then in the formula bar hit = and then go back to sheet1 cell A1 and click it. and hit enter. this link that picture back to sheet1 cell A1.

now change the name you will see on sheet two the name will change.

this will work even if you put clip art in the cell give it a try inset clip art in cell A1 then go to sheet2 and you will see the picture in it.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry Diablo but I can't seem to accomplish what I set out to do. What you have indicated to me seems to work to a point but I am not sure if we are on the same page.

On Sheet 1 I have a partnumber indicated in cell A1. We'll say the partnumber is 123. I have this cell linked to a jpg picture of partnumber 123. So if I click on cell A1 it brings up my photo.

Now on Sheet 2, I want cell A1 to reflect the same partnumber as on Sheet 1 cell A1. To this point I have simply used the formula
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$A$1. What I want to have happen is to be able to click on cell A1 in Sheet 2 and have it bring up the same picture that I see if I click on cell A1 in Sheet 1.

If what you have already indicated to me is correct, then again, I apologize.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back