Hyperlinks to different sheets and deleting columns

ShoYnn

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 2 sheets for job scheduling. The first sheet is a calendar that has the days sorted vertically, with 8 columns for different jobs that can occur in the same week. The second page is all of the scheduled jobs listed horizontally where you can assign teams. The calendar sheet has hyperlinks to the corresponding job on the team entry sheet.

I have a macro that can either delete a job or change the dates of an existing job. When the job is deleted, it is removed both from the calendar and the teams sheet. For the teams sheet, the macro just deletes the column for that job so that everything else is more easily slid over to the now vacated column. This is where the issue lies. Once that column is deleted, the hyperlinks on the calendar sheet still go to their associated columns, but the job that is there now is the wrong one since everything shifted except for the hyperlink address.

Is there an easy way to update every hyperlink after a job is deleted, or is there an easier way to ensure the hyperlink always goes to the correct job? This spreadsheet is on a government computer, and I am posting this from my phone, so if you need code or anything the best I can do is take a picture of my monitor. Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back