Hyperlinks to Hidden Sheets - Beginner Excel User

teapila

Hi there

I have a worksheet with 8 Sheets. The first sheet is a summary and I’ve created hyperlinks to 3 of the other sheets for a person to access from the main page. [Sheet names: Premium Breakdown (Sheet 1), PA Group Rank (Sheet 2), 2016 Premium Breakdown (Sheet 3), 2017 Premium Breakdown (Sheet 4).] I am also trying to have another sheet (not mentioned yet) be a sheet that would have the same purpose. [Sheet names: ISO (Sheet 5), Compilation (Sheet 6), Segments (Sheet 7), Segments 2 (Sheet 8).]

I want to hide all sheets except for the sheets 1 and 5, which I can do and works fine. But from there, I still want the hyperlinks to work. I need the hyperlinks to open (unhide) the hidden page and then close(hide) it again when I click on the “Back” hyperlink I have added to each of the hidden pages.

Is this possible? Will you please tell me how to do it? I have not done anything with macros or VBA before so the more detail, the better!

Thank you

Tea Pila

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Hi Logit:

I'm sorry the thread was confusing. :( Is there any way you could further help me on my issue?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This macro gets pasted in the SUMMARY sheet level module :

Code:
Option Explicit

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
'Updateby Extendoffice 20161109
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    On Error Resume Next
    If Target.Column = 1 Then
        Sheets(Target.Value).Visible = xlSheetVisible
        Sheets(Target.Value).Select
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Right click on the SUMMARY sheet tab, select VIEW CODE and paste the above macro into the code window on the right.

This macro gets pasted into the sheet level module for the following sheets (follow the same instructions on 'right clicking the SUMMARY tab' for each sheet) :
PA Group Rank, 2016 Premium Breakdown, 2017 Premium Breakdown, Compilation, Segments, Segments 2

Code:
Option Explicit
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
On Error Resume Next
    Me.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden
End Sub

Download sample workbook : https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/XK50jkf7VpN96AinP9F6dUjsf3UWy20d0Jr5yMr707

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back