hyperlinks

newway

This may seem like a simple question but the answer has evaded me so far.

I have created an Excel 2007 sheet which has a dozen hyperlinks to different websites, they all work perfectly except one and thats ( www.screwfix.com ) , whenever I click on this I get ( Unable to open Https://www.screwfix.com/. cannot download the information you requested ).

I have tried creating a shortcut on my desktop to this site using Firefox and it works fine.

I am using Windows 8.1 on my desktop but have tried it on my laptop using Excel 2007 and Firefox and Windows Vista but still not working, these machines have different antivirus systems so I would not think that has any bearing on the problem.

I have tried this hyperlink on my desktop on a spreadsheet from Open Office and its works perfectly so I would think this is a specific problem to Screwfix and Excel.

I would be grateful if anybody could replicate this and see if it works or not for them, or even better supply an answer or a possible work around.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
thanks for the post but nothing seems to work, it does seem strange that it only effects one site, where others like https:/www.toolstation.com work fine, does it work on your machine?

Upvote 0
That's interesting.
When I tried it at work using latest Firefox it didn't work, same error as you stated.
Here at home it worked! But my home Firefox is version 36.0 (yeah I know I should update it).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back