Hyperlinks

vdubya22

Hello, I'm having trouble with a hyperlink to another tab. I have not tried to websites, just other tabs in the same file and when clicked the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.", which I am.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Welcome to MrExcel,

Are you using a HYPERLINK() function formula, or a Hyperlink object (added through an Insert Hyperlink dialog)?

If it's a formula, please post that formula. If it's a Hyperlink, describe the process you used to create that and the text that is shown in the "Address:" textbox of that dialog.

Upvote 0
Welcome to MrExcel,

Are you using a HYPERLINK() function formula, or a Hyperlink object (added through an Insert Hyperlink dialog)?

If it's a formula, please post that formula. If it's a Hyperlink, describe the process you used to create that and the text that is shown in the "Address:" textbox of that dialog.

file:///C:\Users\Vince\Desktop\Volunteering file.xlsx - 'Activity Results'!A1

I right clicked on the cell, moved all the way down to hyperlink and used the wizard.

I can't find where to directly input the formula?

Upvote 0
When using the Insert Hyperlink dialog to make a hyperlink within the same workbook, use the button "Place in This Document" button under the "Link to: " label.

The results you describe might have come from using the "Existing File or Web Page" and browsing to same workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back