I am in need of the formula or VBA code to find the duplications.

yuvastanza

Hello Friends

I work in on the task as i need to find out the duplications with the new data from the old data.
For example If "AAAA" is in the column of old data. and the same "AAAA" would be in new data. when i compare the both i need the result in the adjacent column as "Genuine" if the new data not existed in the old column then the value should return as "need to audit"

OldNewStatus
AAAAAAAAGenuine
AAABAAACNeed Audit

<tbody>
</tbody>

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>
As the above table depicts. the AAAA value in New column must match with value in the Old column values. If it is matching then the status column should show as Genuine and If the AAAA value not found in the Old column the status column should show Need Audit. Please help on this.

Note: I tried the "If" function and it gave me bad result :(

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I assume your data won't always be on the same row in old as it is in New? what you can use is the following: (it will work either way)

=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A2)>1,"Need Audit",IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A2)>0,"Genuine","Need Audit"))

This checks if the value in Old data, appears in New Data. If it appears once, it is Genuine, if it appears twice i have set it "need audit". and ofcourse if it doesnt appear it is also "need audit"

Enter the formula in column C, it assumes old data in A, new data in B, and the data beginning in row 2.

Upvote 0
I assume your data won't always be on the same row in old as it is in New? what you can use is the following: (it will work either way)

This checks if the value in Old data, appears in New Data. If it appears once, it is Genuine, if it appears twice i have set it "need audit". and ofcourse if it doesnt appear it is also "need audit"

Enter the formula in column C, it assumes old data in A, new data in B, and the data beginning in row 2.

Hey Croy,

I will really appreciate for the Excel formula you gave me and it is working good. Thank you so much for the Help :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back