I have to create 100+ charts, help please!

Big Monkey

Hey guys,

I tried searching but didn't quite find an answer yet (I'll still keep searching)

In the meantime, maybe you guys can answer it quicker.

I have a workbook with 52 sheets. In each worksheet, I have to create at least two charts.

Each sheet is structured in the exact same fashion, so initially I tried to highlight all of the sheets and then start building my charts. Unfortunately, the chart wizard button greys out when I highlight multiple sheets. So then I thought I would just create a chart in one sheet and then copy it over to the others.

Little did I know that when I did that it would reference the data from the original sheet.

I need for the chart to be pasted in to new sheets and then reference the cells in the current sheet...not the one it came from. Is this possible?

What would be the best approach? Should I just record a macro and run it for every worksheet to create the chart?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
The best place to start probably would be to record a macro when you create the chart(s) manually.

You could then adapt the recorded code to include a loop to go through all the worksheets and create the charts.

PS might be an idea to do it for more than 1 sheet, then you can see if you need to change anything based on the sheet.

Upvote 0
OK, I kinda figured that's the route I needed to take.

Thanks Norie!

(I see you helping out everyone all the time...seriously..thank you for all you do for us)

Upvote 0
I don't know what your deadline is nor your proficiency with VBA. If you have the time to teach yourself how - this board can walk you through it. If you don't have the time: I hear tell that these guys are pretty good. :biggrin:

Upvote 0
:LOL:...and they don't even pay me to say that kinda stuff - my only recompense is that they let me hang out with all the cool nerds and our board hotties. :cool:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back